Home/Tag: sewing

New Bag…

I needed a new bag/purse…

so last night after the kids went to bed and I had a cup of cappuccino… I headed to the sewing room and started drafting…and sewed… and sewed… and went to bed late…

Then got up this morning and finished it….

I am SO happy with the way it turned out…

It is lined, has a main pocket and a smaller front pocket and it has a zippered pocket in the main pocket…

New Bag

I also sewed some panels that when inserted make the side and bottom more rigid…

New Bag

New Bag

Some mistakes turn out for the best…

I have issues when it comes to sewing…

I can’t do patterns… I have no patience for them… they always look much more complicated than they should be… maybe they aren’t… I don’t know… but I just I can’t use them….

So I wanted to make some pants for Khéna…

I had a semi pattern that I cut out a few months ago when I made a pair of cords for him… the problem was that back then no pattern would fit him… the waist had to be a size 3-4, the crotch had to be wider than the pattern for that size because of the cloth diaper and the legs had to be WAY shorter…

So I adjusted the pattern to the way I thought would work… and it worked… in a way…

By mistake I adjusted the pattern upside down… I figured out my mistake after I had cut and “tried” to assemble them… and finally after a lot of frustration and puzzle making…. I ended up with a pair of pants that fit him… but was nothing like the pattern I had made…

This summer, I made the same mistake… again…

So yesterday I decided to try again… I got the pattern out and got some Jean material that I had bought for this…

I looked at it and thought “omg I am not going to make that mistake again” so I erased the words “top” at one end of the patterns and wrote them at the other end… then cut the material making sure that I added more length…. sewed the outside seams and then realized that I had already corrected the pattern the last time I had made the mistake.. so again… I cut them upside down… arghh!!!

I did the puzzle thing again… I didn’t want to waste the material so I decided to cut what was too much at the top and then add a bit of corduroy to fill the space that was missing and add that to the bottom… of course then the brown cord looked a bit out of place so I thought about some pockets on the side with appliqué’s to compliment the colours… and it worked…

I am SO happy with the way that they turned out!!!! I think that I am going to make more of the same… (well… this time on purpose!!)

I wanted to make them a little longer so that they fit for longer… So at the moment they fit Colin perfectly… so I now need to decided to hem them for Khéna or have Colin wear them and make another pair for Khéna (I would make them a bit less baggy for Khéna also)


New Jeans...

New Jeans...

Two new dresses…

There are two new dresses up on my site…

I put a lot of work and detail into these dresses….

One is a 24m/2y in green tones…

the other…

4y in pinks..

both can fit a bit larger and smaller because of the shirring and the adjustable straps…

custom recycled pants..

With Khéna’s “weird” shape… finding pants that fit has been a task to say the least… I knew I could make some but I was a bit scared of patterns… but I finally decided to try… however… just like pants don’t fit… patterns don’t fit… so I found a pattern that I had bought at the thrift store and like I get the general idea from a recipe… I got the general idea from the pattern and made my own…

Because I didn’t know how it would turn out I used an old pair of Simon’s pants for the material… I am pretty happy at how they turned out and they fit him so well and look so comfortable!

custom pants I made for Khéna...

custom pants I made for Khéna...

the "I wish I had a girl" dress…

I just finished this last night (well… I still have the hem to do but otherwise it is finished)

I LOVE this dress… it took me about 6 hours in all over the span of about a week….

I wasn’t sure about how it looked when I just had it on the hanger but when I asked Colin to try it on I saw that it turned out better than I hoped… I will be putting it on my new website to sell, along with a new skirt that I made…

shirred back…

decorative topstitch…

yes… I used my son to model… lol

and the skirt… (again needs to be hemmed)

spring skirt

back with elastic and a tie…

spring skirt

eta… they have already been sold… and I have had requests for others!

Go to Top