As you may know, we put the house up for sale in February and made the decision that once in sold, we would get our things together and move out and head to Nelson, BC. (where I was raised)
As you may know, we had visits and then spring started to turn into summer and life took priority over marketing and trying to sell the house and things became quiet.
As you may know, I felt like I was in a rut and was a bit depressed and was not writing here on the blog or doing much of anything except enjoying the summer with the family.
As you may know, I have always felt a bit nervous about this move because of the insecurities of leaving our house, leaving our income and heading to a city that is known for having expensive housing and little jobs. It does however have an amazing community and people that we already know and love and is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
As you may not know, is that about 2 weeks ago we decided that we would take the house off the market for a little while (what little advertising that we had) and we were going to buy a bus. Yes, a bus. We planned that over the winter months and maybe even for the next year we would work on converting it into a home that we could bring with us, giving us a bit more security that we would be able to make it even if we didn’t have the salary that we have now. We could travel and even be on the road for a while to finally end up in Nelson.
For the last two weeks I have been drowning myself in information about how to convert a bus and scouring sites trying to find the right bus for us. I was actually narrowing it down to a few options and was going to try to figure out financing for the initial purchase depending on where we bought it from.
As you may know, I am a procrastinator… and I didn’t take the ads down, nor did I take the signs down. I thought I would get to it soon enough…
Yesterday, we got a call.
I got a call from someone who is looking to buy a house and was wondering if our was still on the market. She asked the usual questions and a few specific questions, and one of those was the date of occupancy. I muttered a bit and said that we were flexible and put an emphasis on that it could take as long as she needed, but then she explained that she would need a house by the end of the month. I stuttered a bit and said honestly that I would have to get back to her because I needed to talk to my husband as we had shifted our plans a bit but I would call her back. When I hung up I realized that this is what we had been waiting for (though much faster then I could even had imagined)… I talked to Simon and we agreed that it wouldn’t hurt for her to come see the house, maybe it won’t be what she needs and we can go back to our plans. But if she does want it, then maybe this is the push… or rather awfully big shove that we need.
She is coming to see the house this evening. If she doesn’t want it, I am a bit confused about what I want us to do next… continue with trying to sell the house or do the bus. Both are ultimately what we want to get us to where we want to go. However, If she does want it, then we have 24 days to pack up and figure out where we are going to go….
Oh my…. I can’t even think straight right now…