I’m contracting at the moment.. I don’t know if this is it or not yet and I don’t want to get my hopes up… they are getting painful though and I have dilated a bit… so the contractions are doing something…
However, there are some fears that I need to let go of however before anything does happen..
First, this labour will be different, I feel it, I have felt it for months now. The position is different, the discomforts are different. I have never experienced labour in a normal way… just hours of back labour… back labour that lasted until the last few minutes… Though some say it is worse… I don’t know… that is all I know about labour… It is this fear of the unknown that I need to get rid of…
I am not scared at all about having a UC, I am ready for it, I feel ready, I trust my body and I trust my instincts… I have been wondering though if these other fears that I have been having have been inhibiting my contractions to go anywhere for the last 2-3 weeks… I have had hours of prodromal labour that have fizzled out… and each time i happened when I thought about the actual labour, the unknown of it all… the unknown of a labour that may progress normally…
I am letting go of these fears now…. it may not happen tonight, tomorrow or even this week but it will happen and I know that I can do it…
Here is a list of some positive affirmations that I will be telling myself…
- My mind and body can handle a labour of any kind.
- I will have a strong and healthy baby.
- I trust my body to know how to birth this child.
- I trust my instincts to know what I need in labour.
- I trust my instincts to do what is best for my baby.
- I trust my pain
- I embrace the concept of healthy pain.
- Good strong contractions help my baby come into the world.
- I am now willing to experience all my feelings.
- My body is beautiful, capable and strong.
- My body knows how to have this baby, just as my body knew how to grow this baby.
- I feel confident; I feel safe; I feel secure.