Every few days I have to check and see about how many weeks I am… This pregnancy I seem to be really in touch with myself and how I feel etc… but the technical stuff seems to evade me…
I don’t really have a due date in mind, and I don’t want to… I just tell everyone that the baby will be here between mid November and the beginning of December… But everyone seems to want a dateâ€¦so I just give them one that is in the middle somewhereâ€¦
Not having a date gives me comfort; however, knowing how many weeks I am gives me an idea of how many weeks I have left to get things done…
I still have tons to do… though I keep thinking that I have more time and keep on procrastinating what I have to get done and then when I check again to see how many weeks I am at then my mind starts racing again…
- we have to find two bureaus for the boys clothes (or one big one)… the dresser that ds#1 is using is broken and doesn’t have enough space so I can’t even pass it on to Colin… and the one that Colin is using is for the new babe (it has passed down and used for 3 generations)
- we also have to rearrange their room so that it all fits since the babe will be sharing a room with his/her big brothers. (Well technically the babe will be in our room)
- I have to make Xavier’s Halloween costume,
- get the babies clothes out and pick out the warmer clothes,
- get clothes out for Colin from Xavierâ€™s old clothes.
- Wash the new babeâ€™s diapers and find the covers that are somewhere in the house on various cabbage patches and other dolls…
- Prepare and Freeze more food so that I will be able to have somewhat of a babymoon without having to cook a lot.
- Finish buying birthing supplies and figure out if I want to buy a water birth pool…
There must be other things that I have to get done tooâ€¦
Anywaysâ€¦ I am getting more and more excited about the birth. Even though I have had rough and long labors, I LOVE giving birth! I am looking forward to laboring in my own home, not having anyone there but Simon and the kids. I feel ready to have my UC and I feel confidant that it will happen.
I am also looking forward to having a babymoon after the baby is born. Staying in bed and getting to know the new babe. Simon will be on Parental leave so I really feel like I will have the time to get to know the new life that will come into our home and the boys will also be taken care of. And then later on I will be able to give attention to the boys also and Simon will be able to get to know the new little oneâ€¦
Don’t worry if something doesn’t get done, it’ll all work out in the scheme of things. I’m looking forward to hearing your birth story, and am so excited for you and your family. At least you know where your old diaper covers are … we ended up having to order more.
You’re 31 weeks already?!?!?! My, time is flying by! I am getting very excited to read the birth story!
It’s great to hear that Simon is taking parental leave. Hopefully you will all have a wonderful babymoon and get settled right in with your new babe!