Saturday is my usual shopping day.
I figure out what we are going to eat for the week, what we need for the house, and then leave the kids with Simon and head out to get it all done in one trip.
Figuring out our weekly meals is not hard, but it does take some planning… For inspiration I look at my past recipes, my favourite blogs, Foodgawker etc…What do we have in the house already? What is on special? Sometimes I am just feeling picky or want certain types of flavours or am just tired of the same old thing… it takes a bit of time, but I know that it is 100% worth it and that it will be satisfying to come home with a weeks worth of meals.
So here is our menu for the week:
- Tonight: Swiss Fondue and chocolate cake (It is Simon’s Birthday)
- Stuffed bread with Salad
- Crispy Tofu and coconut Quinoa (the curried version)
- Meat and Sweet Potato pie
- Panko crusted tilapia with rice
- Roasted Veggies with Garlic and cheese flat bread
- Szechwan Eggplant and Cauliflower
Breakfast ideas :Smoothie, Bagels, eggs, oatmeal
What is your meal plan this week? Do you make one? Where do you get your inspiration?