I got this recipe from Annie and decided to tweak it a bit…
These are my new favourite cookie… I made them today to make me feel better and also to bring to my meeting tonight to share…
This is for a double batch… (I like to refrigerate half and bake them when I need a fix)
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Zest of 3 Lime
- 2 large Egg
- Juice of 3 limes
- 3 1/2 cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 heaping tsp Cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350?
- Cream sugar, butter, oil, and zest together until light and fluffy. Add egg and lime juice and beat to incorporate.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to wet and mix together well.
- Make balls with batter and slightly flatten on a cookie sheet. Leave enough room for cookies to spread a bit on sheet.
- sprinkle with sugar before baking.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until edges and bottom golden.