One of my biggest cravings this pregnancy and one of the only things that I could eat for a few weeks when nothing was appealing to me was a toasted bagel with goat cheese and hot pepper jelly…
There is only one place that I can find hot pepper jelly around here and since I haven’t went there in the last few weeks my supply was running low and I needed more… I had checked out recipes a while back and because I was already doing some canning this weekend and had some Jalapeños to use up I thought it would be a good time to try…
I was right to do so!!
It was easy, quick and the results were perfect!
- 2/3 cup hot peppers (can vary according to what type of peppers used and how hot you want your jelly, I used 6 Jalapenos, half with seeds)
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vinegar
- 6 cups sugar
- liquid pectin (2 packets)
– In a blender, blend the peppers and the vinegar together… (I used a cup of the vinegar first and then rinsed the blender with the 1/2 cup left)
– Pour into a pot, add sugar and mix well…
– Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 min.
– Either sieve at that moment to make a clear jelly, or keep the pieces in to make a chunky jelly… (I sieved half so make it not too chunky but not too clear…
– Return to boil and boil for another 5 min.
– Remove from heat and quickly add the liquid Pectin.
– pour into 1/2 pint jars (250 ml) and process in boiling water for about 5 min.
The jelly will set and you will have 6 jars of spicy-sweet goodness…
This is definitely a keeper!