This is a variation of a recipe that Annie shared with me a while back and I love it!
Usually I make another variation of her way and make curried tofu (the recipe is at the end for that) and of course that is always delicious but I was craving spicy peanut sauce tonight…
What I love about this recipe also is that it takes very little preparation, takes little time to cook, is filling, delicious and nutritious…
For the Coconut Quinoa..
- Chop up an onion and sauté in a pan until translucent (I sauté it in coconut oil)
- Add 1 1/2 cup of Quinoa.. I like to leave it in there a few minutes and toast it a bit…
- Add one can of coconut milk and one can of water and simmer until ready (about 20 min) and then fluff with a fork
- Mix together in a saucepan on low heat … 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, 1/2 cup hot water, 3 tsp tamari, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1 tsp brown sugar and garlic chili sauce (to taste)
- cube one block of tofu
- in a container (with a lid) add a few tsps of corn starch, add a bit of salt and garlic powder and then add the tofu and shake so that it evenly coats the tofu
- Add a few tsp of peanut oil to a wok or pan and toss and fry until crispy on all sides…
Serve the Tofu on the Quinoa and drizzle the peanut sauce on top.
If you want to make the curried version don’t make the peanut sauce and instead coat the tofu with the following spice mix:
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne (optional if you want the heat or not)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp tumeric…
Fry the tofu in a bit of oil until crispy and serve over the Quinoa with veggie of your choice 🙂