this is an amazingly moist Carrot cake… I have make it both with or without cream cheese frosting and each way is perfect!
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 3/4cups sucanat (or brown sugar)
1 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
3. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; make a well in the centre and add sugar, applesauce, eggs and vanilla.
4. Mix with wooden spoon until smooth.
5. Stir in carrots, coconut, walnuts and pineapple.
6. Pour into 9×13 inch pan and bake for about 45 minutes.